Site: Pond in Melody Ranch
Date: May 13,2008
Time: 8:30pm
Temperature: 50 Degrees F
Weather: Stratus clouds sun has set
Wind: None
Soil: Very Dry
As i first look at my observation area i notice the water level has dropped significantly in the past few days. This could affect many organisms in this area by over populating one area. The scum level in the pond has also been on the rise. I also noticed a fight between a group geese. There were 4 geese grazing on one side of the observatiton area and two more perched on a small island in the middle of the pond. The organisms were vocaly competeing. Eventualy the two geese in the pond took flight tword the west. There was peace for a few minutes while I listened to other birds. Soon after that I heard Geese in the distance, making the other group of geese take flight. I hypothesize that the other geese had found better grounds or continued to challenge the excisting group. The only other observations i noticed were the Pussy Willows in the back of my yard had soft fuzzy buds on them and hopefuly i will soon see them blosom.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment